As part of our dynamic Jr. Kindergarten classroom team, Assistant Teacher Mrs. Jenny Schmick spends her days inspiring our youngest ILS scholars. When the Jr. Kindergarten day ends, you can often find Mrs. Schmick assisting in 1st grade or one of our other lower school classrooms, and you will always see her smiling and waving to parents in the carpool line each afternoon!
This week, Mrs. Schmick continues our "Meet Us Mondays" series with her responses to our 10 questions.
Check back next week as our series continues with another member of our outstanding faculty!
1. Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
My favorite place I have traveled to is Jamaica with my husband, Joel, where we celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary.
2. What is one place you would like to visit but have not yet been?
I would like to visit Greece.
3. If you could have coffee with anyone, who would it be?
I would like to have coffee with Mr. Rogers (I'm dating myself), from the PBS show "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood".
4. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie is Forrest Gump, with Gladiator coming in a close second.
5. What is the last book you read?
The last book I read was The Shack by William P. Young.
6. What is your favorite thing about working at ILS?
My favorite thing about working at ILS is spending my day with all our Jr. K students and Mrs. Honig.
7. What is your favorite sport to watch or play?
My favorite sport to watch is hockey...GO CAPS! My favorite sport to play is kickball!
8. Who is your favorite author?
My favorite author is children's author and illustrator Kevin Henkes.
9. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is Halloween. It's a day to dress up and pretend!
10. Who is your favorite composer?
One of my favorites is German film score composer Hans Zimmer.