Current Employment Opportunities
Educators at Immanuel Lutheran School are noted for the ways they have been cultivated by the liberal arts and Lutheran catechesis. These two cultivating forces have shaped their souls, mind and character so that they are fully-developed educators characterized by a Christian humanitas that is captivating and contagious. They continually pursue truth, goodness, and beauty, and recognize these as gifts from God. Students love them and naturally want to emulate them.
* ILS educators display training in the liberal arts and are always learning.
* ILS educators are superb pedagogues.
* ILS educators display wisdom, eloquence and virtue.
* ILS educators are models and mentors.
* ILS educators are faithful Christians who love and study the doctrine of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
* ILS educators are colleagues and love being so.
* ILS educators are professionals.
Educators interested in a teaching position at ILS are encouraged to submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immanuel Lutheran School is seeking an enthusiastic individual passionate about classical Lutheran education to join our Upper School (6th-8th) grade teaching team. Individuals with experience and interest in teaching Math, Science, PE and Athletics are especially encouraged to apply.
Our teachers emphasize academic excellence, the development of curiosity, consistency, perseverance, and discussion. Beyond the classroom, they are integrally involved in the church and wider school community. Because our teachers are mentors, they work closely with students and their families by building relationships. Because they are models for our students, they also demonstrate intellectual humility and servant hood. Together, teachers and students embark on a shared journey to experience the beauty in the complexity of the natural world, great literature, history, and the Creator who made us all.
Educators interested in a teaching position at ILS should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Immanuel Lutheran School, Alexandria, Virginia
Immanuel Lutheran School is seeking enthusiastic individuals to serve as substitute teachers or substitute teaching aides in our substitute pool.
Our substitute teachers:
* Follow lesson plans provided by the teacher
* Interact with delightful students and welcoming faculty
* Maintain safety of students by following school procedures
If interested, please forward your resume to Assistant Headmaster Katherine Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immanuel Lutheran School is seeking enthusiastic individuals to serve in their after school program. Our aftercare teachers share the responsibility of guiding students of all ages through daily tasks and play in a structured, loving environment.
Our aftercare teachers:
- Interact with delightful students (ages 4-14) and welcoming faculty.
- Guide and engage students in free play, snack time and homework in a structured, loving environment.
- Maintain safety of students by following school procedures.
If interested, please forward your resume to Director of Extended Care Ruth Stone at email@example.com.