Summer is here, and that means a little more time for catching up on our reading! We already shared some of our favorites books from our Upper and Lower School summer reading lists (and we would love to hear what books you and your children are enjoying this summer).
Now we thought we would share a few blogs, articles and news that have captured our attention or sparked our imagination this summer. We asked some of our teachers and faculty to share some things that have found to be interesting reads lately. From articles on classical, Christian education, to commentary on baseball, exploring the concept of utopia to Lincoln's greatest speech, here are a few reads we thought you might enjoy as well.
Have an interesting article or blog post you'd like to share? Leave the link in the comments section below!
- Is Virtue Formation Just Works Righteousness? - Joshua Gibbs, CiRCE Institute
- We Need to Imagine - Anna Ilona Mussmann, Sister, Daughter, Mother, Wife Blog
- Mortal Remains - S.M. Hutchens, Touchstone
- How Utopia Shaped the World - Tom Hodgkinson, BBC- Culture
- Lincoln's Greatest Speech - Garry Wills, The Atlantic
- Why are Christian Classical Education Students Stomping the Competition? - Steve Turley, The Christian Post
- Baseball is our game - Walt Whitman (The Imaginative Conservative)
- Facebook as Church - Mark Bauerlein, First Things
- The road that led to 1000 stories - John Higgs, BBC Culture