We are so very blessed to have such excellent teachers here at ILS! They love our kids and they love teaching and learning, and we very much hope you enjoy our "Meet Us Mondays" series where we give our families a chance to better know each member of our team. This week we are highlighting another member of our outstanding ILS Lower School team, our 2nd grade teacher, Miss Rebekah Reistad. Enjoy!
1. Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
I went to Maui several years ago with my siblings and cousins and was awestruck by the beauty that was everywhere on the island. Relaxing on the beach, climbing a volcano, discovering hidden waterfalls, and having wonderful quality time with family made for an incredible trip!
2. What is one place you would like to visit but have not yet been? Two at the top of my list are Spain and Italy, inspired by our 2nd grade history studies and friends' excellent travel experiences there.
3. If you could have coffee with anyone, who would it be?
My great-grandmother was a teacher in a one room school house in Minnesota so I would love to hear about that experience from her.
4. What is your favorite movie?
The Sound of Music is a Reistad family favorite! We watch it (and sing along) frequently at family gatherings.
5. What is the last book you read?
In anticipation of the school year I revisited John Milton Gregory's The Seven Laws of Teaching. I also read "Ladylike: Living Biblically" over summer and really enjoyed it.
6. What is your favorite thing about working at ILS?
I feel so blessed to be a part of such a Christ-centered community of people that enjoys spending time together! I love that I am constantly surrounded by ILS's loving, dedicated staff, supportive families, and my bright, enthusiastic students!
7. What is your favorite sport to watch or play?
Being from Texas, I have always been a huge fan of football- watching, not playing :)
8. Who is your favorite author?
Jane Austen is one of my go-tos. I have Pride and Prejudice practically memorized at this point.
9. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas has been a favorite for my whole life, but I also absolutely love the Easter season at Immanuel.
10. Who is your favorite composer?
It's hard to pick a favorite, but I always particularly enjoyed playing Chopin during my years of piano lessons.