Happy September! We have been so excited to welcome back to school all of our new and returning families this week. It is so wonderful to see all the joy and smiling faces and hear about the many summer adventures had by our families.
Over the summer, we launched a new blog series, "What we're reading..." where we share articles, blog posts, or other sites that our faculty has found fascinating, intriguing or inspiring. Whether they are related to specific subject areas or the topic of classical education, or something related to the myriad of other interests of our faculty, we like to share in the hopes that you may find them worth checking out as well.
We love to hear from you, too! Have a great article, blog post or website that you've enjoyed lately? Please share in the comments!
- 8 Habits of Every Great Student - David Kern, CiRCE Institute
- Keeping Children's Choir Christ-Centered - Marie Landskroener, Concordia Publishing House Music Blog
- The Purpose of Mathematics in a Classical Education - Thomas Treloar, The Imaginative Conservative
- New, High-Quality Study Finds Laptop Use Dramatically Reduces Student Grades - Fort Wayne Classical School Blog
- Why Trendy Math Instruction that Focuses on 'Understanding' Often Hurts Kids - Barry Garelick, The Federalist
- Writer's Seat: A walk through the home that inspired E.B. White's essays and stories. - Andrew Ferguson, The Weekly Standard