We love our outstanding faculty, and we hope you enjoy this series every week on the ILS blog as we introduce our teachers and staff with our "Meet Us Mondays" feature. This week we are highlighting another member of our excellent ILS Lower School team, our 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Anastasia Krumwiede. Enjoy!
1. Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
My favorite place in the world is Greece, but I also adore Italy because I got to see the Ara Pacis with my husband.
2. What is one place you would like to visit but have not yet been?
I would love to go to Japan. Japanese culture and food fascinate me.
3. If you could have coffee with anyone, who would it be?
Living: I'd have scones and coffee with The Queen of England. Deceased: I'd have dried dates and coffee with Marcus Tullius Cicero.
4. What is your favorite movie?
I have so many favorite movies! If I had to pick one movie to watch on repeat after being shipwrecked on an abandoned post-apocalyptic island, I would have to pick The Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. (Don't judge me, please.)
5. What is the last book you read?
The last book I finished reading was Watership Down.
6. What is your favorite thing about working at ILS?
I love that my coworkers are also my friends and I love that they put up with my antics.
7. What is your favorite sport to watch or play?
My favorite sports to watch are probably baseball and rugby and I wish I still had time to play sports. If I had time I think I would enjoy playing basketball.
8. Who is your favorite author?
My favorite author would have to be a Latin author: Vergil.
9. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite Holy Day is definitely Christmas.
10. Who is your favorite composer?
This is such a hard one! If we are talking Baroque, I would say Handel. If we are talking Classical, I would have to say Brahms. If contemporary, I'd have to say Philip Glass.