Many of our current ILS families will remember 2014 graduate, Emmanuel Tamrat, who is our featured profile this week. Emmanuel has just finished up a wonderful freshman year at St. Anselm's Abbey School in Washington, D.C. Just a year out of ILS, Emmanuel shares his memories of ILS and how his time here helped to ready him for his high school experience. Enjoy other recent Alumni Profiles here and here.
1. What year did you graduate from ILS?
I graduated from ILS in 2014.
2. Where are you in school now?
I just finished my freshman year at St. Anselm's Abbey School in Washington, D.C.
3. What is your favorite memory of ILS?
The people. They were kind and genuine.
4. What is one thing about ILS that prepared you well for high school?
The classical curriculum has continued to serve me well in all areas.
5. What did you learn at ILS that has stuck with you?
6. What do you love to learn about?
I really love math and science.
7. What do you think it means to be well-educated?
To be well-educated is to be skilled in many areas and have an open mind for different things.